Beautiful skin is an asset like no other, and the experts at the Finishing Touch MedSpa understand this better than anything else. In an endeavor to help you reach your dreams of supple, healthy skin come true, we have a range of skin-rejuvenating services on our roster. But a common query that most first-timers have is about the differences between fillers and neurotoxin, and the effects of these two methods of skin treatment. Let us help you understand these procedures.
What Are Fillers and Neurotoxin?
They may seem similar, but there’s a fine line between fillers and neurotoxin. Dermal fillers are more natural than synthetic and involve injecting collagen or hyaluronic acid into the skin. The acid naturally occurs in the body, but diminishes with age. Injecting these fillers can sometimes stimulate the body to increase its own production of collagen. Neurotoxins, on the other hand, are injected to temporarily block the signals from the nerves to muscles in the areas targeted. The activity of these muscles is then reduced, and consequently, the wrinkles relax and smoothen out.
How Do Fillers and Neurotoxins Differ from One Another?
There are several differences between fillers and neurotoxin. Explained below are some of the primary points where fillers and neurotoxin display different characteristics.
Specialized neuromodulator product options that we offer include:
- BOTOX- This is a widely popular and FDA-approved Neuromodulator that works to diminish aging concerns in common problem areas, while also preventing them from further developing in the future.
- Dysport- Dysport is a highly effective solution for minimizing moderate to severe facial lines. Treatments offer subtle yet noticeable results for a younger looking you.
- Xeomin- This is a highly purified and FDA-approved neuromodulator for the treatment of moderate to severe frown lines.
Dermal Filler Options
We offer revitalizing dermal filler products including:
- Restylane- This is a product line of highly successful dermal fillers that are composed of hyaluronic acid. Once injected, Restylane integrates within the dermis layer of tissue, and works to plump up the skin while smoothing away moderate to severe lines on the surface.
- Radiesse- Radiesse is a volumizing dermal filler that is FDA-approved for treating moderate to severe facial folds in common problem areas. With these treatments, you can reclaim youthful volume and a soft complexion.
- Juvederm- Juvederm is a widely popular line of dermal filler also composed of naturally occurring hyaluronic acid. Each product under the Juvederm collection is specially formulated to correct aging concerns within specific areas of the skin for a supple and voluminous appearance.
The Period They Last For
Neurotoxins show visible effects within three to five days. The effects last for three to six months, after which another dose of the toxin needs to be administered. Fillers, on the other hand, can last for up to a year or two before a touchup dosage is needed. However, it is important to remember results will vary for each persona and injectable treatment chosen.
The Skin Concerns They Resolve
While fillers and neurotoxin are both typically used to smoothen out wrinkles on the face, the areas they target and work best for vary. Neurotoxins, for instance, work wonders on the upper segment of the face and targets the lines between the eyebrows, wrinkles on the forehead, and laugh lines around the eyes. As for fillers, different options help address different concerns. While one type of dermal filler enhances the volume of the cheeks, there is another popular dermal filler that corrects reduced volume, smile lines, and scars from acne.
Hands are an area of the body that are constantly exposed to the sun and environmental factors that can cause the skin to lose elasticity and appear aged. Hand filler treatments are a fantastic remedy for restoring lost volume within the skin, while smoothing away wrinkles on the surface. These specialized treatments can restore smooth skin and the youthful appearance of your hands.
Who Is an Ideal Candidate for These Treatments?
Neurotoxins are typically injected into the face. So, anyone who doesn’t have any muscle complaints and damaged nerves is a prime candidate for the treatment. As for dermal fillers, anyone who seeks to increase their facial volume can undergo the procedure. A consultation with our team can help you determine which is the best treatment choice for you and your goals.
If you’re wondering whether it’s safe for you to take filler or neurotoxin injections, it’s best to contact a professional. Reach out to our qualified team at the Finishing Touch MedSpa, and we’ll help you find the right course of action to get fresher, fuller looking skin on your face. Schedule your consultation today!